ORAL AND MAXILLO FACIAL SURGERY
It specilizes in treating trauma and defects in the head and neck region including facial deformity, fractures, misligned jaws,tumours and cysts of jaw. Treatment includes removal of decayed or impacted tooth, diagnosis and assessment of facial fractures.PROCEDURES:
- EXTRACTION : Simple extractions are performed when the tooth is above the gumline and can be removed with a elevator and forceps. The process and healing time are both quick. This may be used for a decayed tooth or a tooth that is broken but is still above the gumline.
- IMPACTION : An impacted tooth is one that fails to erupt into the dental arch within the expected developmental window. The wisdom teeth (third molars) are frequently impacted because they are the last teeth to erupt in the oral cavity.
- INTERMAXILLARY FIXATION: Intermaxillary fixation (IMF) is a technique that allows for the reduction and stabilization of maxillary or mandibular fractures using arches, ligatures, or screws, which are attached to the dental arches
- ORTHOGNATHIC SURGERY: Orthognathic surgery also known as corrective jaw surgery is designed to correct conditions of the jaw and face related to structure, growth, sleep apnea, TMJ disorders, malocclusion problems.
- EPULIS FISSURATUM: It is the excessive growth of firm tissues. It is a harmless condition and does not represent oral cancer.
- MUCOCELE: Mucocele, is a fluid-filled swelling that occurs on the lip or the mouth.The cyst develops when the salivary glands become plugged with mucus. Most cysts are on the lower lip, but they can occur anywhere inside the mouth.
Make Appointment Now