It is a speciality of dentistry that deals with the diagnosis, prevention, and correction of teeth that are positioned improperly. It can also focus on modifying facial growth known as Dentofacial Orthopedics .PROCEDURES IN ORTHODONTICS
- METAL BRACES: It consists of metal brackets, wire made of stainless steel, or elastics such as rubber bands that facilitate tooth movement to straighten the improperly positioned teeth.
- CERAMIC BRACES: These are same as metal braces but are made up of tooth-coloured ceramic material. The brackets match the tooth coloured making them less visible than traditional metal braces.
- SELF LIGATING BRACES: These are one of the most advanced types of dental braces. They are similar to metal braces apart from the fact that there are no ligature wires and band.
- EXPANSION APPLIANCES: Arch expansion is a method of gaining space in orthodontics. It is one of the oldest and most conservative methods of gaining space.
- CHIN CAP: An orthodontic chin cap is used when patients have excess lower jaw growth or deficient upper jaw growth.
- REMOVABLE ORTHODONTIC APPLIANCES: An appliance that is not fixed to teeth,but can be removed by the patient.
Make Appointment Now